Without a good variety of microphones to choose from recording at home kinda sucks, doesn’t it?
But for a poor musician, in a small home studio, finding good recording mics at a GREAT price can seem next to impossible. But it’s really NOT and recording gear for the home studio has become more affordable than ever.
In today’s short article, I have assembled a list of the best cheap mics under $50… Hopefully, this review can make that messy process a little bit easier.
- Best budget microphone for Beginner Musician
- Best microphone for singing at home
- Best budget microphone for YouTuber
- Best cheap microphone for Gamer
The following microphones are the best models of microphones typically priced under $50. For those of us on a budget, there are some solid options to take a look at. We made sure as to choose mics with different connectivity options as well as price points to ensure you have some options. Let us know in the comments if you have any questions or concerns!
Buy from Bangood
Recording gear for the home studio has become more affordable than ever. But Without being an expert, picking out the right microphone can eat up your entire time.
If you’re looking for a low price and an average microphone with a wide range of applications, look no further. Priced as low as $21 with free Shock Mount, the BM-800 is about the greatest value for a decent condenser mic. As a condenser mic, you’ll find that the BM-800 can capture more detail and room ambience at lower volumes than any dynamic mic. Keep in mind, the BM-800 would be a nice choice for recording acoustics instruments, vocal performances, and even podcasts. If you’re trying to run your own professional studio, you’ll probably want to keep saving up. But for the average musician, video blogger, or podcaster this mic will definitely get the job done for sure.
- Free Shock Mount
- Can be used for karaoke, sound reinforcement, and multimedia applications
- Include a superior condenser microphone, a shock mount, a piece of 250cm cable and microphone sponge cover
- With it, you can not only record your beautiful and high-quality sound but also free your hands due to the solid shock mount it offers
- Must-have equipment for every active performing group and music lovers
We all know how legendary that Shure brand name is, and this model here is a very solid dynamic microphone. It connects via XLR port, so if you want it to go into your computer you’ll have to buy an adapter. Otherwise, this microphone is great for live performances or even recording in a home studio (vocals and other instruments). It is great for sound isolation as well, has a built-in pop filter to take away from those noises, and is quite reliable in terms of build (if you take care of it, it will last you quite a few years).
- Cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis sound and provides superior gain before feedback
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
- Shock-mounted cartridge for exceptional ruggedness and reduced handling noise
- Built-in “pop” filter that reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise
- Supplied stand adapter and carrying/storage bag
This is one of the cheapest microphone models under $50, so if you’re planning on saving some bucks, this could be the model for you. Behringer is also known for their low priced yet decent quality audio solutions. You have a built-in shock mount system here as well with some wind and pop noise filter. There’s not too special about it but at the same time we feel that’s a good thing because it gives you what you need: a dynamic microphone with a 50 Hz to 15 kHz frequency response although it connects via XLR you can easily buy a converter to hook it up to your PC or Mac.
- Dynamic vocal microphone with smooth mid-frequency presence rise for excellent voice projection
- Ultra-wide frequency response for brilliant and transparent sound
- Extremely high signal output lets your voice cut through
- Cardioid characteristic minimizes background noise and feedback
- Shock mount system to cut down handling noise
- Integrated spherical wind and pop noise filter
- Microphone stand adapter and impact-resistant carrying case included
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
We hope you find this list very useful. Thanks 🙂